Sunday, March 4, 2012

FACEBOOK

As many of you know from a previous blog, I have a Facebook account. I still log on several times a day. I still check to see what is going on in the very busy lives of my children and grandchildren, my one granddaughter joking calls it “stalking” - at least I think she is joking???


But now mostly Facebook has turned into an opportunity to play games with friends and, if you are so inclined, you can play with strangers (and you never even have to find out who the stranger is).


A while back someone in the family started playing a game entitled Crazy Cow, where you hear a clip of a song and try to pick from a choice of four before the timer ends to earn points, and we would compete with one another. Then they got bored with that and went on to another game and so on and so on. I seem to be following them from game to game, OMG, maybe I am a stalker! LOL. Don't you just love the catchy jargon that I've learned? Now if I could just remember how to do those funny sideways faces they make, you know :) or ;) or <3 (this one turns into a "heart" when you post it - I love it the best).
Well, the latest game sweeping the nation is Word (you know the one that Alex Baldwin was playing and wouldn’t shut his phone off so he was kicked off the plane). As of yesterday I had nine Word games going. All the games are very fun and that is how I have always tried to look at them, as a way to have fun. Well, when you have a lot of games going and people depending on you to take your turn or make your move, you begin to feel a sense of urgency/obligation to get onto Facebook and make your move so the other person isn’t sitting at their end wondering “when is that person going to play?” So the Word game has turned into a little bit of a “have to do” instead of a “want to do” but I still enjoy it tremendously.



So if you are looking for a way to while away some time and you enjoy playing games, check some out on Facebook and have a little fun, it kind of gives you a sense of connection. I did it and I really am enjoying it, maybe you will too. And so the journey begins...

7 comments:

  1. I log in to Facebook several times a day. Sometimes just for a minute or two. I USED to play a word challenge game and know how easily one can become obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I log into Facebook several times a day too, sometimes for work purposes as I design for Facebook but a lot of the time just to check if anyones messaged me or just generally in between waiting for things lol.

    Recently moved towns so now it's kind of my main outlet to keeping in touch with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before there was Facebook, teens were usually occupied with playing games until their late 20s. But with the emergence of Facebook games, even people in their late 30's are hooked to playing these games. It reminds me of an uncle of mine who stays in front of a computer for 3 hours, playing Word Hunt games.

    Armar NiƱo Cipriaso

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear friend. I truly just like your posting and your current web page all in all! That write-up is really plainly composed and without difficulty understandable. Your blog style is awesome as well! Would be awesome to discover exactly where my partner and I are able obtain this. Please hold up the very good work. We all need much more this kind of website owners just like you on the web and much less spammers. Wonderful man!

    build a facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  5. www.coolfanpages.com is for facebook fan pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just became a fan of your Facebook page. Hope you'll do the same for mine!

    My company provides exceptional window tinting services in Dallas TX and has been an industry leader for the better part of a decade. Hope you'll like our page!

    - Jackie

    ReplyDelete