Sunday, March 4, 2012

REDECORATING - Trials and Tribulations...

I’m getting ready to redecorate my bedroom and the choices, which used to seem to come so easily to me when I was younger, now have taken on more importance than they should. When I was younger, I saw it, I liked it, I bought it, and that was that. Now I look at, go look at something else, go look at something else, return to the first one, go look at something else and I just can’t seem to commit.

Somewhere around 10-12 years ago I saw a bedspread ensemble in a catalog and fell in love with it. I ordered it, my husband painted the bedroom and voila! I loved it, everyone who saw the bedroom loved it and I was pleased. (We are presently getting the bedroom ready to be painted, so now there is nothing on the walls - I thought I better take a picture of it before it is gone forever!)


Now, I am mulling over so many choices that I am on overload and don’t even seem close to making a decision. I think I know what the problem is though, I picked out the color palette that I wanted the entire bedroom to be BEFORE I found a comforter/bedspread ensemble that I fell in love with.










As I mentioned in an earlier Blog, I don’t have any qualms about returning items that I have purchased, however buying and returning several bedroom ensembles can get pretty expensive when you factor in the cost of return shipping. I don’t know if it just me but it seems the local stores just don’t have a great selection to choose from (and maybe that's a good thing - then I wouldn’t be on information overload).


Then, too, I have always been a person who loved florals and my husband is concerned that I may not be happy with the direction that I am headed for the new bedroom look, so I have his concerns rambling around in my head.
I love the chocolate brown walls!!!!


Do you think a former flower girl can change and like the formal look? Time will tell, time will tell. And so the journey begins...

1 comment:

  1. I love the more formal look. It seems to me that it is much more calming. I am thinking of going into the browns for my walls in my dining room. I'll wait for you to do yours first! Good luck with your decision.

    ReplyDelete