Sunday, December 11, 2011

MENDING FENCES and BROKEN HEARTS

Last year I had a falling out with someone I love very much and I feel it has reached a point where we may never be able to reconcile. And, that makes me very sad.
My feelings were, and still are, hurt very much.
I have reached out several times attempting reconciliation and requested we discuss the issues to iron them out. I do not like sweeping things under the rug and pretending that nothing happened, thus the dilemma. I want to talk and it appears this person doesn’t.
I have made several requests that we meet to talk but my email requests are ignored. Then months later, when I’m on Facebook, I will get a “like” icon posted to one of my postings. Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel if I am going to reconcile it is not going to be over a “like” button on Facebook.
This April I sent a message stating: I feel compelled to say that in order for us to move forward and get past the past we should do so face-to-face and not via FB. I think it would serve us better and allow the airing out of hurts and feelings in a hopefully productive manner. Your thoughts?????”
The response to my message was: “If you feel there is a problem, give us a call and let’s get together. Out to dinner or whatever.”
The reply said “give US a call...” so I knew it included our spouses. I, however, felt the meeting would be more productive if it were just she and I, so I replied stating that I would prefer it to be just the two of us.
Once again, no response.
This person’s husband had cancer surgery that we were never told about and she never responded to nor attended my great-grandson’s baby shower. This all came as quite a shock because we used to be VERY close.
Yet her message stated: “If YOU feel there is a problem...”  I think, based on the above paragraph that she, too, has a problem.
I just don’t understand why it takes a couple of months to get a response and then it is just the click of a “Like” button on Facebook.
In June I sent another message stating: sent you an email message around a week ago, not sure if you read your email anymore or are possibly ignoring me. Anyway, I thought you and I could meet and work this out??? Reply and I'll make arrangements.” 
Once again, no response.
My requests for reconciliation go ignored, then months later a “like” icon appears on my Facebook page. Honestly, all this does is cause my hurt and anger to rise to the surface because I was ignored for so long.
For the last year and a half I have felt like a hamster on a wheel and don’t know how to get off.
I love her and want to mend our fences and broken hearts, only I want to do it face-to-face and not via Facebook.   And so the journey begins...

1 comment: