Thursday, December 8, 2011

LAUGHTER

I love to laugh. When I get laughing sometimes I get a little hysterical and my children and grandchildren look at me as if I’m going crazy.

I love America’s Funniest Videos, I love The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (especially Headlines and Off the Blotter) and I love The Ellen Degeneres Show.


Isn’t laughter good for the heart and soul? I’ve heard that somewhere. That’s right, “Laughter is the best medicine.”
“Humor is infectious. The sound of roaring laughter is far more contagious than any cough, sniffle, or sneeze. When laughter is shared, it binds people together and increases happiness and intimacy. In addition to the domino effect of joy and amusement, laughter also triggers healthy physical changes in the body. Humor and laughter strengthen your immune system, boost your energy, diminish pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of stress. Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and easy to use.” ~ helpguide.org
“Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert.” ~ helpguide.org
I found the above quotes when I “Googled” laughter. I knew laughter was good for you but I didn’t know all that....
We all need some really good hearty laughter, especially now. So turn off the news, get off your computers (ha ha, guess where I am right now?), put down your Ipad or your cell phone and check out some funny TV shows or watch one of your favorite funny movies and have yourself a good old fashioned belly laugh.
Just remember the next time you’re down and need a pick me up, check out AFV or Ellen or Leno. 
Oh, oh...one of my favorite “rolling on the floor laughing my a** off” (ROFLMAO - don’t you just love using “kids texting jargon”?) movies is: In and Out with Kevin Kline and Tom Selleck. Check it out, I’m sure you’ll agree. I’m always looking for more really funny movies, so tell me yours...
And so the journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment