Monday, December 26, 2011

POLAR EXPRESS


My grandson, Zack, is visiting for Christmas.
During the first 4 years of his life I babysat him almost daily. However, in 2008 my son's job took them to New York and then in 2010 they relocated to Ohio. So the quantity of time that Zack and I spend together isn't what it used to be.


Thursday, I decided that we would watch our favorite Christmas movie together, The Polar Express. At first he didn't want to but then changed his mind. Well, as it turns out, I watched the movie while he sat on the floor playing a game and looking up at the movie every now and then.



When he was 3, during the scenes where the train was going up and down the hills, he would climb up and sit on my shoulders and we would rock forward and backward pretending we were on the roller coaster ride as if we were on the top of the train.
Today, when those roller coaster scenes began, he stopped playing and climbed up on the arm of my chair getting ready to climb up onto my shoulders. Well, Grandma had to stop that real quick because he is 7 now.  He may only be 4 years older, but guess what? I am too.


So, here I am watching our favorite movie, thinking that he had forgotten all those times we spent together watching this fantastic movie. Just goes to show how much a 7-year-old remembers...
And so the journey begins...














No comments:

Post a Comment