Tuesday, February 7, 2012

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING

I love e-mail, it is such a wonderful way to stay in touch with people. Unfortunately, we have to face facts, in our society we no longer write letters (what a shame). What I don’t like are WARNING e-mails. I should clarify, “unsubstantiated” WARNING e-mails.
I do not like to forward garbage on to my family and friends, so when I get one of these WARNING e-mails I will type into Google the WARNING and see what pops up on my screen and proceed to investigate.  Many of them are Urban Legends, some of them are scams by hackers, and some are just gathering names and cities for what purpose I don’t know. I recently received an email warning me about onions and mayo causing illness (I checked it out...it was false). The most recent warned me about purchasing cards made by Hallmark, stating they were all made in China (I checked this out at my local store and found it not to be the case).
So, if I may, before you send our your next WARNING e-mail, check it out for validity before you send the proverbial THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING that was unleashed by Chicken Little.  And so the journey begins...

1 comment:

  1. When I get the "Warning" e-mail, I just scan through them quickly. Even worse? Chain e-mails where you have to forward to 100 friends or else you'll have bad luck. I just ignore them all.

    ReplyDelete