Friday, November 18, 2011

EXTREME COUPONING

How many of you clip coupons? I do but inevitably wind up throwing most away because they've expired. But worse than that is when you go through the store and get to the checkout and are so proud of your accomplishment and then the bubble bursts when you are told “This coupon can’t be used on this item because....” What a blow to the ego and right then and there I swear that I’m never clipping coupons again. 
My daughter, on the other hand, is a coupon diva. She has a loose-leaf binder with plastic sheets with little pockets in the sheet (like the ones boys use to save their collection of baseball cards), categorized by canned goods, boxed goods, baking products, and on and on. She does her homework and is completely prepared when she goes shopping and when she comes home it is with several hundreds of dollars of food products that she pays pennies for. I am in absolute awe of her. She has taught several of her friends the ins and outs of couponing and recently had a free training class at her home for whoever wanted to learn.


The photo above is a savings of $51.95 - out of pocket $12.01. Not a bad start to the sale.






The photo above is $70.00 in grocery...with the greatest coupon teacher in the world (Debi).
This only cost me $6.52!!! Love ya, Tricia


However, what's the old adage? You can't teach an old dog new tricks. She hasn't been successful with good old mom. Possibly because my husband and I don't need that many groceries and are set in what we eat and don't eat, so we aren't as flexible. But she's still trying to work with me. And so the journey begins...






No comments:

Post a Comment