Monday, November 21, 2011

FACEBOOK and FAMILY

How many of you have a Facebook account? A friend sent me a request and I thought “What the heck, I’ll give it a try.” Well, now I’m sorta/kinda hooked. I log on several times a day just to see what is going on in the lives of family and friends. I love checking up on my family.


I have a niece who lives out of state. She and her husband are now empty-nesters and his job affords them the ability to travel the world and travel they do. She tells us in great detail about hiking, sailing, rafting, scuba-diving, sleeping in ice hotels and the list goes on and the pictures she posts are breathtaking.
A chilly bed for two
This cozy accommodation can be yours for only $600 per night
Chena Hot Springs http://www.chenahotsprings.com/- Fairbanks, Alaska

Practice ride in the dog mushing sled

If it wasn’t for Facebook I wouldn’t know about the little things in the lives of my family. For instance, yesterday my granddaughter posted “EXTREMELY HAPPY!!!!!! BANANA TOOTSIE ROLL POP, YUM!” How wonderful is it that I get to know my granddaughter is enjoying a banana tootsie roll pop?


My seven-year-old grandson, who lives in another state, has a Facebook account which is very closely monitored by his mom and dad, and I got to see his new puppy the day he got him.


So Facebook, I thank you for bringing me into the 21st century and allowing me to keep up with my family. And so the journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment